Step by Step Guide to Setup & Configure Cloudflare CDN in WordPress:
How to Activate CloudFlare CDN in Your WordPress Website
- First go to Cloudflare.com and fill up signup form to create a new account there.
- After signing up, cloudflare will ask you add your website. Just put your website URL and click on Scan DNS Records button.
- Now wait for 60 seconds and let cloudflare scan DNS records of your domain. After 60 seconds Continue button color becomes green, just click on it to proceed.
- On next page, Cloudflare will show list of your website DNS records. Here you have to select the particular DNS records and sub domains where you want to activate the cloudflare CDN services.
- After that, you have to Choose a plan for your website. Select the Free Website plan which is free for lifetime and recommended for starters.
- On next page, CloudFlare will give you two name servers. Now you will need to replace your current name servers with Cloudflare name servers. Login to your domain registrar account and update the name servers. After updating name servers, you have wait at least 1-24 hours.
- After complete propagation of name servers cloudflare will start serving your website content through its data centers. On CloudFlare dashboard you will see active status for your website.
How to Setup & Configure CloudFlare Free CDN in WordPress for Better Performance
Crypto section of CloudFlare allows you to manage SSL related settings for your website. If you dont want to use SSL on your website then you can turn it off here.
If you set security level Higher or Im Under Attack then every visitor of your website need to fill up a Captcha code to access your website. So, it will be better to keep security level essentially off or low. You can also block specific IP address or entire country visitors to access your website using Access rules tab there.
Keep other remaining sections settings default. Thats it you have successfully configured CloufFlare Free CDN for your WordPress Website. Now check the page loading speed of your website using pingdom website speed test tool. I am sure you will see a big boost in your website page loading speed after activating CloudFlare. Before loading time of our website was about 2 seconds. But after enabling CloudFlare CDN it is reduced to 384 micro seconds.
I hope above article helps you to setup & configure cloudflare CDN in your WordPress website. I recommend everyone to enable cloudflare CDN even if you are using another paid CDN. Because cloudflare is more then a CDN. If you have any question related to this article then dont hesitate to leave a comment.